Right off hand I can't think of any food Ken likes better than homemade biscuits covered with sausage gravy. After eating it all these years, I'd have thought he would be tired of it by now. Nah baby nah. I have several good biscuit recipes, but this is our favorite. I've been told these biscuits are very much like the delicious ones at Bob Evans. I'm not necessarily trying to plug Bob Evans, but I do use his zesty hot sausage to make my gravy. He's a good guy, what can I say.
OH BOY! BISCUITS
(Makes 8-9 large biscuits)
2 cups self-rising flour
¼ tsp. baking soda
¼ cup butter or margarine (½ stick)
1 cup buttermilk
1. Preheat oven to 425°.
2. In a medium mixing bowl stir together flour and baking soda.
3. Using a fork, cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
4. Make a well in center of flour mixture and add the buttermilk at once; stir until
5. While still in the bowl, knead dough by gently folding and pressing dough 10 to 12
strokes or until nearly smooth.
6. Turn out on lightly floured cutting board and press the dough out to about ½ to ¾
7. Cut dough with a floured 3-inch biscuit cutter. (Carter Bates gave us his mother's
antique biscuit cutter and it's perfect.) If you don't have a cutter, you can use a
drinking glass. (I usually cut 7 biscuits from dough, then rework the scrap dough to
cut a couple more.)
8. Place biscuits, just touching, in an 8x12 inch baking pan sprayed with Pam.
9. Bake 15 to 20 minutes. (I test mine by sticking a toothpick in one. If it comes out
clean, they are done. We like our biscuits more white than golden. Either way,
10.Remove biscuits from pan and serve hot.
Please submit a favorite recipe to:
Articles, news and announcements from the members of First Baptist Church of New Carlisle, Ohio
First Baptist Church of New Carlisle, Ohio has a rich and unique history in our community. Since 1955 we've been establishing ourselves as a lighthouse for Jesus Christ in our hometown of New Carlisle, Ohio.
We have Bible Study at 9:15 am and Worship Service at 10:30 am every Sunday. Childcare/nursery provided for all services. Wednesdays we have Prayer Meeting at 7:00 pm and Revive Student Ministries for youth at 7:00 pm
Tuesday, November 10, 2015
Kitchen Korner - OH BOY! BISCUITS - by Dolly Lawler
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Post a Comment