I've made this recipe a dozen times I know. It always turns out perfect. Ken's mom gave it to me years ago, hence the name.
CHARLENE'S BANANA NUT BREAD
1 Cup Sugar
½ Cup Shortening
2 Beaten Eggs
2 Cups Flour
½ tsp. Salt
1 tsp. Baking Soda
1 tsp. Vanilla
1 TBS. Sour Milk (If you do not have sour milk, you may substitute with 1 tsp. vinegar mixed with 2 tsp. milk.)
4 or 5 Mashed Bananas
½ C. Chopped Nuts
1. Mix sugar, shortening, and eggs.
2. Add dry ingredients, then vanilla, sour milk, and mashed bananas.
3. Add the chopped nuts last.
4. Pour batter into a loaf pan sprayed with Pam. Sprinkle top with a little sugar.
5. Bake in a 350° oven for 45 minutes or until done.
6. Cool 10 minutes before removing from pan.