We will be voting on Pastor Search Committee on March 1st in the morning services. Every church member will have the opportunity to nominate 5 church members to serve on the committee. This should be a prayer led decision. I would recommend that you nominate people from multi-age groups.
We will have a prayer meeting on Wednesday February 25th before the vote is taken. This is an important step in the future of the church. I am giving you a description of characteristics that you should look for as you pray about your nominations.
Good candidates for the Pastor Search Committee are characterized by:
1. Continued spiritual growth
2. Spiritual discernment
3. Knowing Bible truths and practicing them
4. Faithful attendance and support of the church
5. Skills as a team player
6. Willingness to maintain confidentiality
7. Freedom to attend meetings and occasionally travel
8. Priority commitment to seeking and doing God’s will
9. Absence of self-serving agenda
Additionally members of the committee should represent all segments of the church.
Post a Comment