JIFFY CORNBREAD SALAD
- 1 pkg. Jiffy Cornbread Mix
- 1 4 oz. can chopped green chiles (do not drain)
- 1 C. mayonnaise
- 8 oz. sour cream
- 1 envelope Ranch Dressing
- 1/8 tsp. ground cumin
- 1/8 tsp. dried oregano
- pinch of rubbed sage
- 2 cans 15 oz. pinto beans (rinsed & drained)
- 2 cans corn (drained)
- 3 med. tomatoes (chopped)
- 1 C. chopped green peppers
- 1 C. chopped green onions
- 2 C. shredded cheese
- 10 bacon strips (cooked crisp and crumbled)
Prepare cornbread mix according to package directions, add green chiles and bake; cool.
Stir together mayonnaise, sour cream, dressing mix and spices until well blended; set aside.
Crumble half of cornbread in a large serving bowl. Pour and smooth out enough dressing over the cornbread to make a smooth covering.
Layer vegetables, cheese and bacon over the dressing.
Sprinkle the other half of the cornbread over top and repeat the above until all ingredients are used up.
Refrigerate until chilled and enjoy!
Please submit a favorite recipe to: